“Finding their happy” is the motto of this family who specializes in rescuing senior dogs and gives them a decent end to their lives. They have nine of them, a limit set by her husband, but there are no limits on what Angela will do to give her pooches a happy ending. There is an end of life bucket list which includes a frolic in a private park, ice cream and a favourite toy.
Charlene and Pierre are another couple who have one dog that has over 25,000 Instagram followers. He is a husky mix rescue named Tacoma. His fame gives his owners a limited amount of sponsorship, such as a monthly box of treats, but Tacoma needs many more followers to make his fame profitable. Already keeping his fans interested requires a constant stream of freshly creative posts. His owners wonder if it’s worth it? Or is it simply a burden?
And finally, sacrificing everything for her seven cats is not a question for this cat owner. Michelle spends every penny she earns on her show-stopping cats. Getting prizes for her cats is all that matters — whatever the cost. Can she break her record and get them on the winner’s podium at the upcoming grand cat show?
FAST STATS ABOUT PETS IN CANADA
- 62% of Canadians have at least one pet.
- 50-60% of pets are overweight.
- 88% of pet owners think their pet is the cutest, but only 19% of pet owners would enter their pet in a competition.
- 46% of pet owners prefer their pets over their partner.
- 31,000 dogs are taken into shelters each year but only 48% of them are adopted.