This classic fudge recipe from Chef Kyla Eaglesham is doubly delicious, with layers of both pistachio white chocolate and dark chocolate fudge.
Dark Chocolate Fudge12 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped, minimum 70% cocoa solids
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted pistachios, unshelled
Pistachio White Chocolate Fudge12 oz white chocolate chips
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 cups icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/8 tsp green food colouring
1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, unshelled and chopped
for garnish, optional additional chopped pistachios
For the Dark Chocolate Fudge
- Put the chopped chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, butter and salt in a heavy-based pan on a low heat, and stir to melt. Put the nuts into a heavey duty freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, until broken up into both big and little pieces. Add the nuts to the melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk and stir well to mix.
For the Pistachio White Chocolate Fudge:
- In medium sauce pan over low heat, melt butter; add salt and white chocolate, stirring until melted. Remove from heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese with a mixer on a low speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in sugar, vanilla and almond extract on low speed, mixing well.
- When chocolate is melted add to cream cheese/sugar mixture along with green food coloring. Mix until combined then fold in pistachios.
To Make the Layered Fudge (you can do two or five layers)
- Line a 9" pan with foil being sure to let foil hang over sides and spray with non stick spray or use parchment. Pour layers alternately of each mixture into a 9 inch square pan (lined with foil or parchment to lift it out easily) smoothing the top. (or use loaf pans).
- Let the fudge cool, and refrigerate until set. You can then cut it into small pieces approx. 3 x 2.25cm / 1¾ x 1¾ inches. Cutting 8 x 10 / 7 x 7 lines in the tin to give 64 pieces best achieves this.
- Once cut, it can be kept in the freezer. No need to thaw, just eat straight away!
Yield: Makes one 9x9 inch pan