Chef Daniel Mezzolo shows us how we can add salami to a frittata for a delicious brunch! What’s the secret ingredient? Genoa Salami.
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 large eggs
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/3 cup milk
100 grams Genoa salami, quartered
2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 tablespoon freshly chopped or dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs until smooth and silky.
- Whisk in the ricotta and milk until combined.
- Stir in salami, tomatoes, oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush oil on a hot cast iron pan.
- Pour egg mixture inside pan and let cook on stove top for a few minutes on medium heat until edges form.
- Transfer to oven and bake at 375 F for about 30 minutes or until puffed up.
- Serve with garlic toast and simple side salad.
For a fun leftover, add a slice of frittata to a ciabatta bun. Top with extra genoa salami and hot chili oil!
More Italian recipes from Chef Daniel:
Serving Size: serves 6-8