In this Life Made Easy segment, Steven and Chris make an impressive work of art… using a shower curtain and a pre-made stretcher!
What you need:
- a shower curtain in any pattern you like
- a pre-made canvas stretcher frame in whatever size you'd like your art to be (you can find these at art supply stores)
- a staple gun
- Cut your shower curtain into a square or rectangle to fit your frame, making sure to leave about 2" extra on each side
- Place your shower curtain upside-down on your work surface, with the frame centred on top of it.
- Keeping curtain taught, begin stapling it to the frame, starting with four staples right in the centre of each side of the frame.
- Continue stapling the curtain to the frame, expanding from each centre staple toward the corners.
- For a professional corner, continue stapling until you reach the edge; tuck excess fabric under itself, then fold back onto the frame, finishing it with a staple (see video for demonstration).