Whip these up to order when your fridge is teeming with odds and sods. They're a great way to use up those leftovers!
By Jennifer Low
Makes 1 omelette
What you'll need:
Small 6-inch non-stick fry pan with glass lid
Bowl (to beat the egg)
Splash of milk (or table cream)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Vegetable oil (for frying)
White cheddar cheese, grated
Sliced, cooked potatoes
Leftover mac 'n' cheese
1. Heat pan with a drizzle of vegetable oil.
2. Beat egg with splash of cream or milk. (Too much will yield a rubbery omelette.)
3. Add pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Pour egg mixture into pan. Allow to set slightly. Push in edges to create furrows. This will make for a fluffier omelette.
5. Add herbs, cheese and your choice of fillings. Cover pan with lid to warm fillings.
6. Uncover, fold over omelette.
7. Slide omelette onto serving plate and repeat.
Check out more of Jen's fantastic foolproof family breakfasts!