Designer Monica Pedersen is a pro at decking out fabulous parties. Here she shares her five essentials for a successful holiday party that will put your guests in a merry mood.
1. Make Your Party Seasonal
Parties are meant to bring people together, so create an environment people will feel comfortable in.
2. Have a Theme in Mind
In this case, Monica went with a wine and cheese party, a chic and sophisticated idea that doesn't take much time at all.
3. Keep it casual and serve good food
- Remove chairs to help people mingle
- Pair your wine and cheese
- Incorporate natural elements
4. Always Incorporate Some Design Elements
- Fresh Flowers
- Hurricane Vase
- Decorative accessories: the play on texture and pattern that makes the table beautiful
5. Give your guests something to do and send them home with a gift
Monica believes in parties being interactive, especially if guests don't know one another. Having jewelry to try on is a way she likes to have a group of women come together, and send them home with a gift.