1. In a good sized pot over medium heat, add olive oil and carrots, celery, garlic and onion. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, until soft.
2. Add the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then turn to a gentle summer. Skim any impurities.
3. Add the tomatoes, sweet potato, thyme, and bay leaves. Simmer until sweet potatoes are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
4. In the last 5 min turn up the heat till just under a boil and add the kale, cooked pasta, and beans. Adjust with extra vegetable stock if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Tear loaves into generous bite sized pieces. In a large bowl, toss together pieces with smashed garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake in a 375 F oven until bread is lightly golden brown and crunchy, about 12-15 minutes.
Just before serving place some of the fresh herbs and torn croutons in each bowl. Ladle the soup over and finish with a good drizzle of olive oil .
Serving Size: 4 - 6 servings