By Kyla Eaglesham
1/2 cup unsalted butter
250 g unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line an 8-in. square baking pan with parchment paper or silicone.
- Place butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over simmering water. Stir frequently until chocolate and butter have melted.
- Remove bowl from heat; let cool to room temperature, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture until combined. Add eggs one at a time, whisking after each addition until smooth. Whisk in vanilla. Gently fold in flour and salt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake until cake tester inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 25-30 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Run a knife or offset spatula around the edges of the pan. Using parchment, lift brownies out of pan and onto the rack. Once cooled, cut into desired shapes (like mini-hamburgers!).