4 wooden skewers, popsicle sticks, or cinnamon sticks
4 medium Granny Smith apples
90 Werther's Original Chewy Caramels, unwrapped
2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
2 tbsp (30 mL ) evaporated milk or 35% cream
1. Insert skewers into apples
2. Melt Werther's Original chewy caramels, butter and evaporated milk in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
3. Prepare toppings. Place chopped Chocolate Crunch Caramels and chopped candied ginger on parchment lined tray. Or, place chopped pretzels and crushed chocolate wafer cookies on parchment lined tray.
4. Remove melted caramel mix from heat. Dip and twirl each apple into caramel, spooning mix over to coat evenly. Roll apples into toppings, and place, apple side down, on clean parchement lined tray.
5. Let cool for 30 minutes at room temperature
6. Enjoy the same day or store refrigerated overnight.
Yield: 4 apples