Injured Jozy Altidore to miss U.S. Nations League match against Canada
Toronto FC forward was limited to 21 MLS regular-season contests in 2019
Forward Jozy Altidore is hurt again and will miss the United States' Nations League games against Cuba and Canada.
Altidore, who turns 30 next month, left Toronto FC's regular-season finale on Sunday with what coach Greg Vanney said was a sore quad.
Altidore was taken down by a Columbus Crew SC opponent just outside the penalty box at BMO Field in Toronto and exited gingerly in the 70th minute.
U.S. Soccer did not detail Altidore's injury. A Toronto FC spokesman said the MLS club would have an update Wednesday.
Toronto hosts D.C. United on Oct. 19 in a first-round playoff game.
WATCH | TFC secures home-field advantage:
The Americans play Cuba on Friday at Washington, D.C., and Canada on Oct. 15. They host Canada on Nov. 15 at Orlando, Fla., and play Cuba four days later at George Town, Cayman Islands.
Canada is 2-0-0 in CONCACAF Nations League A play after beating Cuba 6-0 and 1-0.
Revised U.S. roster
- Brad Guzan (Atlanta)
- Sean Johnson (New York City)
- Zack Steffen (Fortuna Duesseldorf, Germany)
- Reggie Cannon (Dallas)
- Nick Lima (San Jose)
- Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
- Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact)
- Matt Miazga (Reading, England)
- Tim Ream (Fulham, England)
- Miles Robinson (Atlanta)
- DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle, England)
- Brenden Aaronson (Philadelphia)
- Michael Bradley (Toronto)
- Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy)
- Weston McKennie (Schalke, Germany)
- Christian Pulisic (Chelsea, England)
- Cristian Roldan (Seattle)
- Wil Trapp (Columbus)
- Jackson Yueill (San Jose)
- Paul Arriola (D.C.)
- Corey Baird (Salt Lake)
- Tyler Boyd (Besiktas, Turkey)
- Jordan Morris (Seattle)
- Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen, Germany)
- Gyasi Zardes (Columbus)
With files from The Canadian Press