Andre De Grasse: Can he sweep his Pan Am track events?
The 20-year-old competing in 100- and 200-metre, 4x100-metre relay
The track events got under way Tuesday and Canada has strong representation in the men's 100 and 200-metre races as well as the men's 4x100-metre relay.
- Andre De Grasse advances to 100m semifinals
- Canadian Gleadle takes javelin title, Barber wins gold in pole vault
- Pan Am 100m: 4 stages you need to watch
- WATCH: The fastest man at Pan Am
- Peter Eriksson has Canada's track and field team blazing
Andre De Grasse, a 20-year-old from Markham, Ont., has run the 100-metre in under 10 seconds three times this year.
He won the first heat race of the Games Tuesday with a time of 10.06 and will run in the semifinal round Wednesday evening to try to qualify for the gold-medal final later that night.
De Grasse will then compete in Round 1 of the men's 200-metre on Thursday and the men's 4x100-metre semifinal on Friday.
Can the potential future of Canadian track win three medals?