The Current for March 9, 2018
Originally published on March 9, 2018.
Duncan McCue chairs a discussion in Montreal, exploring what Quebec's special status means for the pursuit of racial equity. We also examine racial disparities in employment, and speak to people who say their lives are impacted by racial bias in the province.
In this special episode of The Current:
- A minority within a minority: Quebec's struggle to face racism
- 'Had we known you were Muslim, not sure we would have hired you': Workers face discrimination in Quebec
- 'We shouldn't be begging to exist': Audience members share their stories
- 'Some of them would like to see me dead': Activist slams reluctance to confront Islamophobia in Quebec
- Meet the former neo-Nazi who now helps young people turn away from hatred
- Indigenous people must hold society to account for how they're treated, says activist