Jewish Montreal: A culinary history
Montreal's history as the center of Canada's Jewish community has led to a rich culinary legacy.
Smoked meat, bagels, matzah, oh my!
How much history is contained in a cookbook? A Treasure for My Daughter has been a staple for many Jewish women in Montreal, providing recipes but also a guide on how to be the perfect Jewish woman. But what can you learn when you read between the 'latkes'?
With guest Andrea Eidinger.
- Birth Of The Canadian Jewish Community - Canadian Museum of History Website
- A history of Jewish Montreal - Jewish Independent - Arthur Wolak
- Esther Brandeau - Jewish Women's Archive - Heather Hermant
- Pogrom - Holocaust Encyclopedia - United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Wilensky's Light Lunch - The Wilensky Family
- Montreal Bagels: St-Viateur vs. Fairmount - Serious Eats - Erin Zimmer
- What is Kosher Certification? - Kosher Website
- Why on this night, only matzah? Matzohgate 1996 - Unwritten Histories - Andrea Eidinger
- Rugelach, an American Treat - Tablet - Tami Ganeles Weiser