Wednesday, April 24, 2019: The National, Karla Welch and more
Today on q: rock band The National, q books columnist Jael Richardson, U-God's Wu-Tang Clan origin story, celebrity stylist Karla Welch, poet Billy-Ray Belcourt.
Listen to the full episode1:16:04
Today on q, with guest host Angeline Tetteh-Wayoe:
- The National performs new songs from their upcoming album, I Am Easy to Find, live in the q studio.
- Our books columnist, Jael Richardson, fills us in on a new book to check out: SKY WRI TEI NGS by poet Nasser Hussain.
- Rapper U-God shares his q origin story of the Wu-Tang Clan.
- Celebrity stylist Karla Welch tells us what it takes to get her A-list celebrity clients (including Justin Bieber and Lorde) ready for the red carpet.
- Griffin Poetry Prize winner Billy-Ray Belcourt reads his poem Ode to Northern Alberta from his winning book, This Wound is a World.
Miss an episode of CBC q? Download our podcast.