Watch Shad's first show as host of q with us!
Did you miss out on tickets to the live taping of q's re-lauch show? Don't fret, we've got a free alternative — complete with snacks, prizes and a chance to see Shad in person!
Join fellow q fans for a little party in the CBC atrium (Canadian Broadcasting Centre, 250 Front Street West) on Monday April 20th from 8:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. We'll be streaming the show live on the big screen, serving coffee and pastries, and giving away some freshly re-designed q swag.
It's also very likely that Shad will pop out of the Glenn Gould studio to say a quick hello.
Our exciting line-up of guests include:
- Marc Maron will take the stage to discuss his smash hit podcast WTF, and how he gets comedians from Louis CK to Jerry Seinfeld to open up about their life and craft.
- JUNO Award-winning Inuk throat singer Tanya Tagaq will perform from her Polaris Prize-winning record Animism. She will be joined by producer/collaborator Jesse Zubotand Toronto's Element Choir.
- Canadian pianist and self-proclaimed "musical genius" Chilly Gonzales will return to q to perform from his new album, Chambers.
- Spoken word poet, writer and performer Shane Koyczan takes a break from his current tour to perform on the show. Shad will speak to Shane about his spoken word art and delve into the process behind his poetry.
- q's Sports Panel —Stephen Brunt, Sonali Karnick and Paul Riley — weigh in on the week's biggest sports culture stories.
- Shad will catch up with singer/songwriter Afie Jurvanen — better known as Bahamas — who recently won two JUNO Awards for his latest record, Bahamas is Afie. Afie will also perform an acoustic tune and talk about an exciting new project he's been working on for q.
FAQ: Is it still possible to get into the Glenn Gould show?
The live show is sold out, but there will be a rush line on April 20 for those who didn't get advance tickets. For ticket holders, the lobby doors to the venue open at 8:15 a.m. ET. As this is a live taping, advance ticket holders must be seated by 8:45 a.m. ET to guarantee their seat.
q airs weekdays on CBC Radio One at 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. (10:30 NT), on Sirius XM at 10 a.m., 8 p.m. and 2 a.m. (ET) each day. In the U.S., q is broadcast in 165 cities through PRI and reaches a weekly audience of over 1 million people. q TV, which features weekly highlights from the program, can be seen on CBC-TV on Sundays at 3 p.m. and Thursday nights at 1 a.m. All interviews and performances are also available for viewing on q's Youtube channel. Follow q on Twitter at @cbcradioq and on Facebook for the latest show updates.
Join the conversation at #TheNewQ.