It's here: the Canada Reads short list and panelists revealed!
Today, the top five contending books and its defenders will be announced live on q.
We are mere months away from CBC's annual battle of the books, Canada Reads, and it's time to reveal the final five books and their defenders. Below are the finalists:
- Chantal Kreviazuk defending The Right to Be Cold by Sheila Watt-Cloutier.
- Humble The Poet defending Fifteen Dogs by André Alexis.
- Tamara Taylor defending Company Town by Madeline Ashby.
- Candy Palmater defending The Break by Katherena Vermette.
- Jody Mitic defending Nostalgia by M.G. Vassanji.
Canada Reads will take place from March 27-30, and will be hosted by Ali Hassan. For more information, head over to CBC Books.
— Produced by Cora Nijhawan
To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted.
By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.
Become a CBC Account Holder
Join the conversation Create account
Already have an account?