Undeniable climate change podcasts
Today my pick of the week is Terrestrial.
Holy smokes. This piece from Terrestrial really shook me to my core after I heard it. "Green fatigue" being such a real issue right now made this episode really hit home for me. The issue of climate change seems so huge and overwhelming that it's becoming easier to just block it out. What made the stories I heard in Terrestrial so powerful, was how unique and personal they were. I learned so much about eco-anxiety and the people it impacts the most: low income communities and people of colour. Plus, the effects of plastic pollution and how it ends inside the bodies of birds (this story will haunt you - but in a good way! Promise!).
With so much apocalyptic news about climate change, a lot of what we're hearing can paralyze us. This piece made me want to jump into action to do my part and educate myself about global warming. That's why Terrestrial is my pick of the week.
- Kate Evans, producer, Podcast Playlist.
Podcasts featured this week:
- Hidden Brain - Human beings would be better at fighting climate change if we weren't so, well, human. In this episode, we explore the psychological barriers to addressing climate change. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- 2050: Degrees of Change - What do rising temperatures, changing rain patterns and shifting seasons mean for farmers? We learn about the challenges, as well as opportunities, facing producers. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Terrestrial - The term eco-anxiety — a chronic fear of environmental doom — may seem unfamiliar, but it turns out there's more to the relationship between our brains and the environment than we thought. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Science Vs - We need to ditch fossil fuels. Can America go 100% renewable by 2050? Does the technology already exist? Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Outside Podcast - Human beings spent centuries trying to control the weather. Now, some are considering using engineering to control climate change. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- WTF with Marc Maron - Former vice president Al Gore has been thinking about change his whole life, from how media changed our politics to a changing climate that alters how we live on this planet. Click here to listen to the full episode.