The Greatest Hits of the Podcast World
Our favourite podcasts of all time.
Listen to the full episode53:40
Podcasts featured this week:
- Reply All - A cryptic three-word tweet from an NBA player is the capstone to a story that began in 1983. But what does it mean? Why does it have almost 10,000 retweets? And why does one guest describe it as the end of a "long, emotional journey?" Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Code Switch - When you have a name like Aparna Nancherla or Maz Jobrani, you get used to people butchering it. These two comedians, who both come from immigrant families, talk to Code Switch about their "Starbucks names," all of the weird ways people mispronounce their names, and whether having a "difficult" name has impacted their careers. Click here to listen to the full episode.
Plus, we conducted a video experiment, asking co-workers at CBC what it's like to have a "difficult" name. Click here to watch the documentary.
- Nancy - Everybody loves a hero. But villains can be much more interesting. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Kind World - Years after a car accident partially paralyzed her, Lauren Watson saw an aerial acrobatics demonstration in a local mall and decided she needed to learn it herself. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Sleepover - Meet Jordan Lonechild-Lavalley (Plains, Cree & Ojibway, Saskatchewan). His childhood struggles helped build his strong character. Now he wants to be a social worker but can be quick to snap at people. How can he curb his temper and excel professionally? Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Sooo Many White Guys - She's Editor-at-Large of "O" magazine. She's co-host of "CBS This Morning." She wakes up at 3:22am every damn day! Gayle King opens up about motherhood, black pride, how she survives the 24-hour news cycle. Click here to listen to the full episode.
Listen to the full length Canadian Broadcast Version: