Podcasts about the wonders of imagination
I didn't know I needed a podcast like this, but now I can't imagine my feed without it. Everything is Alive is a magic blend of whimsy, information and emotion. It reminds me that the world can be fun and inventive, while totally rekindling my inner 6-year-old obsession with Toy Story.
This podcast dares you to imagine a world where inanimate objects have colourful histories and profound opinions — and they are ready to share their truths. Each episode, host Ian Chillag chats with an ordinary object about it's life. The interviews are usually funny, but they also make you think about your own life. I've seen myself in a lampost — which is an odd thing to say, but it's true. Give it a listen, you may just be a bar of soap or a pillow. I suggest starting with Louis, Can of Cola.
- TK Matunda, Producer, Podcast Playlist
Podcasts featured this week:
- Longest Shortest Time - Meet Amy, her son Alejandro and his three imaginary friends 'Subway', 'Milk' and 'Miso-soup-n-rice.' Click here to hear the full episode.
- Afropop Worldwide - Learn about the phenomenon of trance in Moroccan culture and how music can help one enter another plane of being. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Here Be Monsters - Chrissy was having trouble remembering who she was when she woke up. First she thought it was early-onset dementia, then she thought it was schizophrenia. But it was something else. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- The Moth - As a kid, Tim Manely was suddenly hospitalized. Now he's a healthy adult, but he credits his recovery to two things: his mother and his imagination. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Bubble - The gig economy meets monster hunters, all in the Portland-like town of Fairhaven. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Minding the Brain - Dr. Jim Davies gives us practical advice on how to make our imaginations work for our future selves. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Everything is Alive - An interview show in which all the subjects are inanimate objects. In each episode, a different thing tells us its life story. In this clip we meet Louis, a can of cola. Click here to listen to the full episode.