New and notable: Spring forward with this year's freshest podcasts
Every Wednesday since January I have woken up excited to know I'd have great company in my ears during my commute to work. On Keep It, hosts Ira Madison III, Kara Brown and Louis Virtel offer their smart, incisive and very, very funny takes on the pop culture news of the week. Their chemistry is great and their lively conversation and intersectional analysis always reveals a fresh perspective on pop culture...and they always leave me laughing out loud and wondering where the past hour went.
- Alison Broverman, Producer, Podcast Playlist
Podcasts featured this week:
- The Longest Shortest Time - Hearken back to the drug-induced delivery of Queen Elizabeth II's third child with host Andrea Silenzi as she tracks how the use of powerful drugs has become such a popular birthing strategy in America. Click here to listen the full episode.
- Haunted - Widowed for decades, Jim lives alone in an old cottage. Not quite alone, though. A thin, black-haired woman comes to his bedroom as he sleeps. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- The Science of Happiness - UC Berkeley is using science to make us happy. "Happiness guinea pigs" test out the infamous 36 questions to fast-friendship. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Keep It! - Ira Madison III, Kara Brown, and Louis Virtel discuss Fergie's controversial interpretation of the American national anthem. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- This is Our Time - In 2016, 76 scientists from all over the world journeyed south in the largest all-female expedition to Antarctica. The women marked their travels in audio diaries, which Toronto-based documentarian Samantha Hodder compiled into this compelling series. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Pants on Fire - This new game show features two adult experts — but one of them is a fake! A kid contestant asks a series of questions to try and figure out which of the grownups knows what they're talking about. Click here to listen to the episode.