How to live your best life in 2018
Don't give up your New Year's resolutions just yet. Here are the best podcasts on creating a better life.
Listen to the full episode53:44
This week my pick is Hidden Brain with an episode called "Getting Unstuck." The first time I heard this episode I was feeling a little lost in my own life. I was in a bit of a funk. What makes this episode so unique is that it offers a concrete strategy for how to relieve that feeling of being "stuck," whether it's your career, relationship or just a general sense of malaise that's making you unhappy. The method of "Design Thinking," which is laid out in the episode, is sure to get you back on track. Listen with a pen and paper in hand and you'll be on the other side of restlessness in no time.
- Kate Evans, Producer, Podcast Playlist.
Podcasts featured this week:
- Hidden Brain - At one time or another, many of us feel stuck: in the wrong job, the wrong relationship, the wrong city – the wrong life. Christine Metzger is someone who woke up one day and realized she wasn't who she wanted to be. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Adulting - Jonathan Ray was spending way too much time with Netflix and wanted to invigorate his social life. Find out how he went from being in a major funk to a dinner party host extraordinaire. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Every Little Thing - This episode features a bedtime intervention and facts about sleep that will blow your mind. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Ted Talks Daily - Veteran radio host Celeste Headlee knows what it takes to have a great conversation. In this talk, she shares 10 helpful rules for having better conversations. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- 99% Invisible - Many experts say sitting is the new smoking and the many hours a day we spend in our chairs has a serious impact on our health. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Nerdette - Going a to gym or yoga class can be intimidating, especially if you're already self conscious about your body. If you are one of those people, yoga teacher Jessamyn Stanley is here to offer some words of encouragement. Click here to listen to the full episode.
- Personal Best - This new original CBC comedy podcast is a self-improvement show for people who are skeptical about self-improvement culture. Each episode features one real person tackling a problem in an attempt to improve their life. The Personal Best team is: Rob Norman, Andrew Norton, Jess Shane, Yasmine Mathurin and Cesil Fernandes.
Listen to the full length Canadian Broadcast Version: