CBC Podcasts: Pitch Guide
Thanks for your interest in pitching to CBC Podcasts!
Here's what you need to know:
What are we looking for?
Focused and fresh ideas that will stand out in the 600k+ podcast universe.
- Elevate boundaries in storytelling and bring new listeners to the CBC
- Pitches that help us meet CBC's mandate
- Series that build a devoted following and garner critical acclaim
- Canadian producers and hosts with proven experience in storytelling and ideally audio production, who are excited to collaborate and innovate!
Check back here regularly for pitch call-outs in specific genres or formats.
What are we not looking for?
- Pitches that rely on copyrighted music are not possible due to rights issues
- Ideas that are better told as segments (interviews, documentaries) on existing CBC Radio programs
Please note: a required action before uploading your pitch will be to agree to the terms and conditions of our Pitch Release Agreement.
Draft and submit your pitch
Now that you know what we are looking for, you're ready to draft your pitch.
We strongly recommend saving your answers in a separate document on your local device before submitting our Google Form.
Here's the information you'll need to provide in the Google Form:
- Email address
- Full Name
- Are you legally eligible to work in Canada?
- Are you currently a CBC freelancer?
- Introduce yourself and what you bring to the table. [max 500 characters]
- What is the working title of your podcast? Feel free to include a tagline. [max 250 characters]
- What is your proposed release schedule? Weekly? Monthly? Is it a 6-episode series or a season for an existing series (i.e. Uncover)? [max 250 characters]
- Give us your elevator pitch. What's the gist? [max 600 characters]
- Who is the audience and why will they care? [max 450 characters]
- What will your podcast sound like? What is the format and tone? Feel free to include the names or outlines of potential episodes. [max 1500 characters]
- What is your role in the production process? What will you need help with and who else will we need to hire? [max 500 characters]
- Your resume
- Audio samples (optional)
- Video and/or image samples (optional)
You will get an email confirming that we have received your pitch. If we'd like to learn more about you or your idea, we will be in touch!
Submit your pitch via Google Form
*If you do not have a Gmail account, you will be prompted to email relevant attachments and/or documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: that email address is exclusively used for podcast pitch submissions, not questions or concerns regarding the pitch process.