Preparing for a COVID winter
How do you prepare for winter during a pandemic? Meet people who are thinking ahead and finding creative ways to make it through.
There's a challenging season ahead. Hear from Canadians finding creative ways to make it through.
How do you prepare for winter during a pandemic? This week on Now or Never, we meet people who are thinking ahead to a potentially challenging winter season and finding creative ways to make it through.
- For five long months, Gisella Iozzo prayed her father Bruno Iozzo would recover from COVID-19 and leave the hospital. Her prayers were answered but now a new set of worries have taken their place as she puts her life on hold, moves into his home and becomes his primary caregiver for the winter.
- When it comes to embracing the cold Elizabeth Shepherd likes to take a deep breath and plunge right in... to a frigid lake. Turns out if you can't beat the cold, you might as well just go swimming in it.
- Carly Stasko is worried about the winter. There's a global pandemic, she's out of work and her family just moved away from the city they call home and into a cabin in the woods. What will it take to get her through the snowy months that lie ahead? Voicemails. Lots and lots of voicemails.
- "Cuffing season" is upon us which means Raquel Russell is swiping left and right in hopes of getting paired up before being locked down for winter.
- Plus, Lenard Monkman takes Ify and Trevor curling for the first time ever and let's just say they have a long way to go before making it to the Brier.