Get up, go outside and experience life on the land
Nearly three-quarters of Canadians feel it's just easier to spend time indoors
Studies have shown that there are benefits to connecting, meaningfully, with the land. People tend to feel happier when they're surrounded by nature.
But the majority of people in Canada feel it's easier to just spend time indoors.
So on this Now or Never we're strapping on snowshoes, digging in the dirt, and fighting for vanishing wilderness with people who are determined to connect with the land.
- A group of refugee and newcomer women go backcountry hiking for the very first time.
- One young musher sets off on the Nunavut Quest, a week-long traditional dog sled race across unforgiving sea ice and tundra.
- A former librarian and self-described city girl returns home to run the family farm.
- A Mi'kmaq elder looks over his community's land as it disappears into the ocean.
- Alone in the deep woods of the Yukon, a man who left it all behind reflects on a life of solitude.