The art of pitching
Pitching — it's where the whole doc process begins. It's also where it can end. If you've written and rewritten pitches, or sat in front of a producer trying to sell your story, you know pitching can be tough. But you also know, when a pitch sings it's impossible to turn down. So what's the magic formula?
To help you land your next pitch we've gathered some top notch advice from the story gatekeepers here at CBC:
- Greg Kelly is the executive producer of Ideas
- Erin Noel is senior producer of Tapestry
- Michelle Parise is senior producer of Spark
- Steve Wadhams is documentary editor at The Doc Project
- Leslie Merklinger is director of new programs for CBC Radio
Sit back and watch as these pros unlock the mystical art of getting your story to air.