Resources for documentary makers
The Doc Project is committed to offers Open Learning Program opportunities to CBC employees, freelance audio producers and journalism students across Canada and the world.
Pitching a doc to the Mentorship Program?
You'll want to watch:
- The art of pitching
- Land your next doc pitch by making focus your friend
- The Doc Project: how to apply
And review the following:
Pitching to another CBC Radio show or department?
You'll want to review the following:
Here are some other great documentary resources for producers and audiophiles:
- Transom - a showcase and workshop for new public radio
- Canadian Sound and Story Workshop - a community for independent audio storytellers & producers
- Third Coast International Audio Festival - a celebration of audio storytelling
- CBC Radio: New Programs Department - introducing relevant, creative and uniquely Canadian content to listeners
- In the Dark Radio - celebrating radio documentaries and features from around the world
- Public Radio Exchange - an online marketplace for distribution, review, and licensing of public radio programming