Riffed from the Headlines: 18/09/2021
Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news.
Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag.
Last week's clues were: The Ice Cream Man by Tom Waits, Miley Cyrus with Prisoner and I am The Pope by the Wibbley Brothers.
Shaney Carpenter of Fonthill, Ont., correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Pope Francis sends 15,000 ice creams to prisoners in Rome.
Congratulations, Shaney! We'll send you a Day 6 tote bag as soon as we can get back to our supply in the CBC building.
Email us your answer for this week's clue (you can listen above) using our contact form. Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.
Hear full episodes of Day 6 on CBC Listen, our free audio streaming service.
MORE FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Amid Western University allegations, more education needed to combat culture of sexual violence: advocate
- LISTEN | Forced party unity muzzles MPs and hurts democracy, says political scientist
- Sally Rooney's new novel is exquisitely written, but doesn't live up to the hype: Toyne
- LISTEN | How the Taliban could use former Afghan government personnel databases to target opponents
- Meet the upstart company working to disrupt the 'whitewashed' opera industry
- FULL EPISODE: Letting candidates speak freely, sexual assault allegations at Western U, Sally Rooney's new book & more