Recent Thunder Bay house fire sparks concern, discussion around international student safety in northern Ontario

Up North

A weekend house fire in Thunder Bay, Ont. has sparked conversations about student and renter safety in the region. The fire took place early Saturday morning, injuring several international students, including one that was sent to hospital in stable but critical condition. According to fire officials, the residence was occupied at the time by six to 10 international students. The building was not known to be a properly approved or configured rooming house. We hear from James Aldridge, the Vice-Provost International at Lakehead University, and Doug Vincent, Thunder Bay's manager of licensing and enforcement.

More From Radio/Up North