Skip The Cards, Make Simple Slime For Valentine’s Day
BY DYAN ROBSON, And Next Comes L
Feb 6, 2018
With Valentine's Day just around the corner, it's time to consider some non-candy valentines for your kids to hand out. These Valentine's Day slime favours are a nice alternative to handing out candy or boring Valentine's Day cards that will get recycled the next day. Plus, slime is fun! The kids will love playing with it!
You'll Also Love: Simple Berry-Scented Play Dough Favours for Valentine's Day
You can easily put together these little Valentine's Day slime favours and customize them to your liking. Choose the colour, the size of the container and the string to decorate the container — you could even make scented slime! The possibilities are endless.
This slime recipe turns out delightful stretchy and oozy! And it's so easy to make since we have all the ingredients on hand.
You will need:
- 1 cup white glue
- 1 tsp baking soda
- liquid watercolours or food colouring
- 5-6 tbsp of contact solution (I used Opti-Free Replenish)
- Put the glue in a bowl and add the baking soda.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Next, add a generous amount of liquid watercolours or food colouring. (Personally, I prefer to use liquid watercolours because they don't stain.)
- Once the colour is thoroughly mixed, I like to add the contact solution in small doses, a bit at a time. I keep repeating until the slime starts to stick to itself and no longer sticks to the bowl.
- Then I knead it a few times with my hands.
Once you have made your slime, you can start assembling the Valentine's slime favours.
- small containers
- string or tape (depends on container you choose)
- printable slime tags
We used jam jars because that's what we had on hand, but you might want to opt for small containers or even small zipper seal bags depending on the number of favours you need to make.
Now, the fun part is stuffing the slime into the jar. If your kids have never done this before, then trust me, they are going to love it! Pushing the slime into the jar creates pretty epic fart noises, which is extremely hilarious to my boys. Okay, even I couldn't stop laughing! Your kids will love helping you assemble the slime favours at this point.
To finish off the favours, print off a copy of the Valentine's slime tags printable. Then cut, hole punch and secure to the container. Or, if you are using small zipper seal bags, place the slime inside and tape the printable tag to the outside of the bag.
Depending on the number of favours you need to make, you might need to make a larger batch of slime. The recipe above was plenty to fill two jam jars, but could easily be separated into three or four smaller portions.