School Year Memory Books
By Arlee Greenwood, Small Potatoes
Aug 24, 2015
School is back—three words my kids dread hearing. Even I am not looking forward to the end of summer holidays!
The start of school brings an onslaught of artwork, forms, newsletters, test papers, Valentines and all sorts of "precious" bits of paper our kids won't throw out.
This school year, we're building a better system to help mama deal with all these little treasures. My countertops are just not the solution!
We're starting the year with scrapbooks designed to hold all the memories my children can gather.
You Will Need:
- a binder with a clear window pocket on the front
- white paper, card stock and patterned paper
- markers, pens, pencils
- hole punch
- I also provided my kids with a photo of themselves to add to the front title page
1. Have your child design and decorate a title page for their memory book with all the materials you have provided, leaving a space for a photo if you desire.
2. Once their title page is complete, slip it into the front cover of the binder. I added a piece of patterned card stock behind the title page to add a little more colour and personality to the books.
You'll Also Love: Washi Tape School Supplies
3. That's it! Throughout the year, your child can fill the binder with all kinds of papers and keepsakes from their school year: favourite lunches, school pictures, essays, artwork and more. All they'll need is a glue stick and a hole punch!
Happy back to school everyone! Happy memory keeping!
Add New Comment
Tech & Media
Librarians Recommend: 15 Books For Kids Dealing With Anxiety
Your Kids Won’t Remember All The Things You Did To Make Their Lives Better
I’m A Mom And I’ll Wear What I Want
Homework As We Know It Doesn’t Properly Serve Every Kind of Kid — So I Think I’m Done With It
We’re All Making Parenting Harder Than It Really Needs to Be