Printable Autumn Scavenger Hunt
By Shanti Nordholt-McPhee, Twig And Toadstool, and Trev Murphy, Kids' CBC
Oct 5, 2015
Autumn is such a gorgeous time of year and a wonderful opportunity to explore the great outdoors with your kids.
Kids love checking things off lists and discovering the natural world, so we created a fun and simple scavenger hunt adventure for the whole family!
You Will Need:
- printable autumn scavenger hunt (PDF)
- marker, pencil, crayons or dry erase marker
- paper bags or baskets
- duct tape (optional)
- plastic page protector or laminator (optional)
- clipboard (optional)
1. Print out the scavenger hunt. Click on the images to open the PDF.
2. If you want to reuse the scavenger hunt again and again, you can slide the scavenger hunt into a plastic page protector or laminate it. Use a dry erase marker to mark items as you find them.
3. I suggest putting the list on a clipboard and tying the marker or pencil to the clipboard. This makes the activity easier for kids (and parents—no more lost markers!).
4. Find a basket or paper bags to hold all the scavenger hunt treasures.
You could also make a duct tape bracelet (sticky side out) for the kids before heading out. This way, they can stick little bits of beauty they find onto a nature bracelet.
5. Now for the best part of it all: head on out into the sunshine and enjoy watching kids' senses come to life!
Add New Comment
We Never Take Our Kids Out For Dinner Because We’d Rather Have That Time To Ourselves
How I Navigate Gender Equity As A Stay-At-Home Mom
Tech & Media
I’m a Tech-Obsessed Hypocrite — But I Want To Model Better Habits For My Son
Why I’m Thankful for My Son’s Autism Diagnosis
I Cherish My Friends Post Baby Because It’s Harder to Keep Them