Pine Cone Hedgehogs
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Sep 21, 2015
I love fall. I love all the beautiful colours, I love the fresh and crisp air and I love the yummy foods and fun crafts that are associated with the season.
These pine cone hedgehogs are a delightful fall craft. We went on a scavenger hunt to find pine cones in a park and then made a fun craft with our findings.
The kids loved this activity and now they're busy figuring out what else they can make with their found treasures!
You Will Need:
- pine cones (you can go on a nature walk to find some outside or buy pine cones at a craft store)
- felt in two different shades of brown
- black enamel sticker beads (available at craft stores)
1. Place a pine cone down on an edge where it doesn’t roll.
2. Take the lighter brown piece of felt and cut out a face—a triangle shape with rounded corners.
3. Stick a large black enamel sticker on the felt for the nose. Stick two smaller stickers on the felt for the eyes.
4. Take the piece of darker brown felt and cut out 2 small ears.
5. Glue the face on the front of the pine cone and the ears on just above the head. Allow to dry completely.
These adorable little pine cone hedgehogs are a perfect fall craft! Kids will love searching for pine cones outside and making a craft out of their found treasures. Enjoy!
Add New Comment
Snacks & Treats
Kid-Made Spinach Muffins
School Book Orders are Full of Junk, Lies and Deceit — And Some Books
Cheese Strings are Convenient, But They Won’t Save You From an Environmental Disaster
4 simple rules for stress-free family meals
Tech & Media
1 Hour of Peppa Pig Per Day Gave My Daughter a British Accent