How to Make Butter Slime
By Selena Mills
May 2, 2018
Making slime is a popular activity for kids, and it's easy to see why. There are so many ways to make it and the texture is out of this world. Today I tackled making butter slime with the kids, and it was so easy to make. The best part is, it's versatile! My kids make bubbles with it, poop emojis and they even like to spread it with a dull knife.
What You Need
- 1/2 cup body cream (unscented)
- 3/4 cup air-dry modelling clay
- 1 tablespoon borax with one cup of water (activator)
- A squirt bottle for your activator
- 2 cups white school glue
- 1 small funnel
- Essential oil (optional)
How It's Made
- To create your activator, add a tablespoon of Borax to a cup of water. To make this easy to use, I recommend making the mixture in a squeeze bottle (you can use a small funnel to add the ingredients). Shake to mix.
- Add white glue to a bowl with a 1/2 cup of unscented body cream.
- Add Borax mixture a bit at a time to the body cream and glue blend, mixing and kneading until it is no longer sticky.
- Add a piece of air-dry modelling clay to each portion of white slime (the more you knead, the better it gets — if it feels too dry, add a bit more water).
- If you want a scented slime, here is when you'd add a few drops of your favourite scent.
- Knead, knead and knead some more. Now it's ready to slime!
Add New Comment
How to Make Back-to-School Transitions Less Traumatic for the Entire Family
I thought I might have what it takes to be a kindergarten teacher — but I don’t
Why You Should Add An Eye Exam To Your Back-To-School Prep List
Do We Put More Pressure On Only Kids?
I Have Cancer and I’m Dying and I’m Ready to Tell My Son