Halloween Playdough Favours
By Jen Kossowan, Mama. Papa. Bubba.
Oct 28, 2015
Halloween is just around the corner and one of our favourite parts of any special day is creating fun little treats for my daughter’s friends and classmates.
Since several kids have allergies and/or dietary restrictions, we tend to go with a non-edible treat—this year, we decided to pull out one of our favourite combinations: play dough and cookie cutters!
You Will Need:
- Halloween cookie cutters (dollar stores usually have a great seasonal section)
- play dough to match your cookie cutters (you can find our favourite recipe here or use store-bought dough)
- a rolling pin
- googly eyes, craft foam and scissors (for decorations)
- small zip-close bags
1. To start off, roll out your dough. Keep it as thick as your cookie cutters are deep.
2. Press the cutters down into the dough and remove the excess from along the edges.
You'll Also Love: 5 Non-Candy Halloween Snacks
3. Decorate your shapes with googly eyes or very simple foam craft pieces. Be sure to press them down firmly so they stay in place.
4. Lastly, carefully slide your Halloween play dough favours into small air-tight bags and seal them up so they’ll stay fresh until the big day. If desired, add some ribbon or washi tape to the top of the bag.
That’s it! You now have some fun, play-encouraging favours to pass out to friends!
Add New Comment
Tech & Media
Why I Set Up An Email For My Daughter As Soon As She Was Born
The Quote That Changed My Perspective on Parenting
4 Things To Make With A Bag Of Frozen Peas
I Don’t Want To Sign A Contract So My Kid Can Go To Your Party
I’m Raising Little Feminists Who Love to Wear Makeup