Easy Gifts Kids Can Make: Playdough Christmas Tree Set
By Jen Kossowan, Mama.Papa.Bubba.
Video by CBC Kids
Nov 24, 2017
It’s no secret that we absolutely love playdough in our house. We also really love giving gifts, so often times, we combine the two. These Christmas tree cookie cutter and playdough sets make lovely little gifts for friends and classmates and are sure to bring plenty of fun to the winter break. They’re also inexpensive and fun to make, so you really can't go wrong!
What you’ll need:
- green playdough (we scented ours with peppermint essential oil)
- rolling pin
- large tree-shaped cookie cutters
- tiny tree decorations (we used pony beads, mini jingle bells, beaded garland and star gems)
- clear plastic treat bags
- small rubber bands
1. To get started, roll out your dough, keeping it as thick as your cookie cutter is deep. When ready, press your cutter down into the dough and remove the excess.
2. Next, use your tiny craft parts to decorate your tree. Be sure to press the pieces into the dough firmly so they stay in place.
3. If desired, add a star gem to the top of your tree using a tiny ball of playdough to help keep it in place.
4. When you’re happy with how your tree looks, carefully slide it into a plastic treat bag. Tie the bag off tightly with your rubber band before tying the ribbon in a bow on top. That’s it—you now have a unique gift to give a friend!
The best part is that the gift is sure to encourage lots of play and creativity, and as long as you’ve filled the cookie cutter full of playdough and been generous with the decorations, your friend will be able to make and decorate several trees of his or her own!
Add New Comment
I Think There Should Be Buddy Benches for Lonely Parents Like Me
How A Sex Joke I Heard On My 10-Year-Old’s Field Trip Led Us To Talk About Porn
I Let My Kids Use Sharp Knives
Never Hear ‘I’m Bored’ For The Rest Of The Summer — The Ultimate Boredom Buster Printable for Kids
My Chronic Pain is Real and Debilitating — I Feel It and So Do My Kids