Build a Light-Up Torch for PyeongChang 2018
By Megan McChesney and Michelle Runowski
Feb 19, 2018
Kick off the Olympic Games with your own torch relay at home!
What You’ll Need:
- our Build-a-Torch printable (PDF)
- tape or glue (a glue stick would work best)
- tissue paper (red, orange and yellow)
- paper muffin cup/cupcake liner
- battery-operated tea light
1. Print out our Build-a-Torch printable PDF.
2. Cut out the torch handle, including the tabs, and roll it into a cylindrical shape. Secure with tape or glue where indicated.
You'll Also Love: Cool Game for Kids — Table-Top Curling
3. Cut two slits in the bottom of your muffin liner, and slide the tabs on your torch handle into these slits. Secure them with tape or glue.
4. Cut out tissue-paper flames and secure these around the inside edge of the muffin liner on your torch.
5. Add a battery-operated tea light, if you like!