Autumn Apple Stamps
By Shanti Nordholt-McPhee, Twig & Toadstool
Sep 22, 2015
With the beauty of autumn approaching and apples ripe on the trees, we decided to celebrate with these sweet apple print tea towels.
This craft is easy, long lasting, practical and a great excuse to let kids play with food!
You Will Need:
- fabric paint
- paint brush
- paper towels
- white tea towel
- newspaper or old tablecloth
- apron or old shirt
1. Head out into the gorgeous autumn air and collect some apples.
2. Lay down an old tablecloth or newspaper and have kids put on aprons or old shirts to protect their clothes. Fabric paints are great but they don't wash out!
While the kids are getting ready to get good and messy, you can cut the apples. Cut one lengthwise for the standard apple print. Cut another across to reveal the apple star!
Give the kids some paper towels and have them blot the apples to soak up the moisture.
3. Once the apples are fairly dry, kids can paint the apples with a paint brush. We chose to use red and yellow, but you can get as creative as you like with colour!
4. Time to stamp with your apples! Place the apple paint-side down on the tea towel and press down very firmly. Carefully lift the apple straight up.
There you have it. Autumn apple prints!
Fabric paints give you so many options for creating: try an apple print t-shirt, bag or pillow case. The options are endless!
Add New Comment
We’re All Making Parenting Harder Than It Really Needs to Be
All Parents Have Issues, No Matter Where They Work
My Son is 11 and He’s Vaping — And Your Kid Might Be, Too
It’s Not Just Adults — Kids Struggle With Impostor Syndrome And Low Self-Esteem Too
5 Phrases You Can Use To Get Your Picky Eater Eating On Their Own