Easy Craft: Make an Indoor Sandcastle
By Cheryl Sliz
Nov 15, 2013
Are you already missing summer? We are too. So here's a cute and easy sandcastle craft for kids inspired by The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That episode "A Plan for Sand". Preschoolers and school-aged kids can help with this easy idea.
What you need:
- coloured sand (available at craft stores)
- toilet paper or paper towel tubes
- foam brush or paint brush
- hot glue gun
- construction paper
- 4 paper plates
- pebbles (optional)
- Pour coloured sand and glitter on paper plates.
- Brush the glue onto a tube.
- Roll the tube into the sand to cover, repeat for other two tubes.
- Cut out a small triangle shape from the construction paper and tape it to the toothpick, tape the toothpick into the inside of the tube that was not cut.
- Use your leftover sand by combining it all on one plate. Arrange your castle on top. Decorate with pebbles and sprinkle the rest of the glitter on the rocks.
And there you have it! An indoor sandcastle fit for your little kings and queens.
Watch the "A Plan for Sand" episode of The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That on the TV for Me app and then build your own sandcastle at home.
Add New Comment
Why I Won’t ‘Hustle Hard’
I’m Teaching My Daughter To Be Respectful But Not Nice
I Consider Myself An Ally And Even I Was Taken Aback By A Family Member’s Coming Out Story
My Daughter is Leaving French Immersion After 9 Years — Was It Worth It?
We’re An Average Canadian Family Drowning in Inflation