Snacks & Treats
Peanut Butter And Banana Brownies
By Julie Van Rosendaal, Dinner With Julie
Feb 17, 2016
Peanut butter and banana is a classic pairing—and not only in sandwiches. Both make a delicious addition to a batch of chocolate brownies.
You Will Need:
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola or mild vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, salted or unsalted (optional)
You'll Also Love: Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips And Lentils
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In a large bowl, mash together the bananas, peanut butter, brown sugar, oil and eggs with a potato masher or whisk. Add the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and peanuts, if using—or save them to sprinkle on top. Stir just until blended.
3. Spread in a parchment-lined 8x8-inch pan and if you like, sprinkle with peanuts. Bake for 25 minutes, until the top is springy to the touch. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
Makes about 16 brownies. Store in a tightly sealed container; freeze any that don’t get eaten within a few days.
Add New Comment
I Think There Should Be Buddy Benches for Lonely Parents Like Me
How A Sex Joke I Heard On My 10-Year-Old’s Field Trip Led Us To Talk About Porn
I Let My Kids Use Sharp Knives
Never Hear ‘I’m Bored’ For The Rest Of The Summer — The Ultimate Boredom Buster Printable for Kids
My Chronic Pain is Real and Debilitating — I Feel It and So Do My Kids