Snacks & Treats
New Year’s Eve Midnight Milk and Cookies
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Dec 31, 2014
New Year’s Eve is right around the corner and although most festivities tend to centre around adults, kids often like to take part too. These midnight milk and cookies are a tasty treat for the kiddos and will give them something special to help ring in the New Year too!
What You’ll Need
- small round glasses
- chocolate chip cookies
- melting chocolate
How To Make It
1. Break up your melting chocolate in a small shallow dish. Heat the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring well in between, until fully melted. Remove from microwave. (Use caution, dish may be hot.)
2. Pour sprinkles into another shallow dish.
3. Grab a glass and quickly dip the open end into the melted chocolate, about ½ inch deep.
4. Remove the glass from the chocolate and quickly dip it into the dish of sprinkles, making sure to cover the melted chocolate completely. Place the glass in the refrigerator for the chocolate and sprinkles to set—about 5-10 minutes. Repeat for each glass you are making.
5. Remove the glasses from the refrigerator. Grab a chocolate chip cookie, and using a knife, make a small slice in one side of the cookie. Slide the cookie over the rim of the glass where you made the slice. Repeat for all glasses.
6. Fill the glass with milk.
These midnight milk and cookies will definitely make kids feel like they are part of the festivities and they are really easy to make. Enjoy!