Snacks & Treats
Ladybug Fruit Snack Recipe
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Jul 27, 2015
These adorable little ladybugs are a nutritious snack for kids. They take minutes to put together and your kids will be begging for more—and since they're so healthy, you can happily oblige!
You Will Need:
- 1 slice of watermelon
- 6 blueberries
- 1 black cherry
- 1 baby carrot
- vanilla yogurt
1. Lay your slice of watermelon down on a cutting board. Use a round cookie cutter (or the open end of a drinking glass if you don’t have a round cutter) to cut a round piece of watermelon.
2. Using a knife, cut a small triangle in the bottom half of the watermelon slice. Place your circle-shaped watermelon piece on a plate.
3. Grab six fresh blueberries and arrange them on the watermelon slice to look like the dots on a ladybug.
4. Slice two thin strips off your baby carrot. Stick these right at the top of the watermelon slice for antennae. Grab a black cherry and place it down for the ladybug’s head.
You'll Also Love: Chunky Fruit Popsicles
5. Finally, using your vanilla yogurt, carefully place two small dots of yogurt on the cherry for the ladybug’s eyes.
This ladybug fruit snack uses fresh summer fruits and is a healthy and delicious treat for kids. Enjoy!
Add New Comment
Kids are asking about penises, vaginas and whether their butts are clean during work calls
A Daily Schedule for Parents During These Strange Days
Snacks & Treats
20 easy-to-prepare snacks when you haven’t had a free moment in weeks
7 Workouts You Can Do at Home When You Can’t Hit the Gym
4 Delicious Meals To Make With A Can Of Beans