Kid-Approved, Gluten-Free Homemade Pizza
BY CBC KIDS STAFF
Aug 7, 2019
Alexis Hillyard of Stump Kitchen is joined by Callie to make delicious, gluten-free pizzas from scratch. This recipe is created especially for little tummies that can’t handle gluten. And pizza is so much fun to make, so get the kids in the kitchen to help out.
- 2 cups of buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp of oregano
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of warm water
- tomato pizza sauce
- diced tomatoes
- plus any toppings you like!
Making the crust:
- Add the listed ingredients above to a large mixing bowl, then stir together.
- Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the oven to 400℉.
- Scoop out a ball of dough and roll it out into a circular shape.
- Once you’re satisfied with your pizza crust shapes, put it in the oven for 10 minutes.
As soon as the timer goes off, pull the pizza out of the oven, and let it cool. Then let the pizza decorating begin! Add pizza sauce and your favourite toppings. Alexis and Callie used pizza sauce, diced tomatoes, spinach and cheese.
Bake pizza for another 10-15 minutes at 400℉, or until the crust is a golden brown.
Check out more episodes of Stump Kitchen: Cooking with Kids!
Add New Comment
Don’t Be Afraid Of Robert Munsch’s ‘Love You Forever’
Don’t Flirt In The Waiting Room — Lessons From A Single Woman At The Fertility Clinic
Finding Out I Was Pregnant in a Pandemic is the Wakeup Call I Needed
Is the Weather Terrible? You Can Still Comfortably Go Camping
Tech & Media
I’m Trying To Help My Daughter Navigate COVID-19 Conspiracy Theories And It’s Exhausting