Snacks & Treats
Easy Snowman Hot Chocolate
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Jan 13, 2015
This delicious hot chocolate is oh-so creamy, you’ll never want any other kind. It’s made with just 2 ingredients and couldn’t be easier. And what’s more fun than snowman marshmallows?! Nothing that I know of. After playing outside on a cold Canadian Winter day, this hot chocolate is a favourite in my household.
What You’ll Need (to make 1 mug):
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 1/3 cup of chocolate hazelnut spread (ie: Nutella)
- 3 large marshmallows
- food-safe markers in orange and black, or orange and black gel food colouring
You'll also love: Cinnamon-Sugar Snowflake Snacks
How To Make It:
*Adults, please supervise children if allowing them to make this hot chocolate. This recipe uses the stovetop and can get very hot. Please use caution.
1. Pour your milk and your Nutella spread in a saucepan and place on the stove over medium-high heat.
2. Stir constantly with a spoon or whisk until milk is heated and chocolate spread has dissolved in the milk.
3. Pour the hot chocolate into a mug and allow to cool slightly for kid consumption.
4. While the hot chocolate is cooling down, you can make your snowman marshmallows. If you have food-safe markers, you can easily use those to draw on a face. If not, gel food colouring and a toothpick also works great. Draw on 2 eyes and a mouth with the black colouring and a carrot nose with the orange colouring. Repeat for however many marshmallows you want.
5. Place the marshmallows in the hot chocolate, snowman face facing upwards and enjoy!
This hot chocolate is perfect for warming up those icy bodies after a fun-filled day of playing in the snow. It’s not only my kids’ favourite, but it’s mine too. Go ahead and try it, I bet you’re going to love it! Enjoy!
Add New Comment
The 100-Day No-Alcohol Challenge: What It Taught Me About Being A Dad
How I Recovered From My First Big Fight With My In-Laws
6 Ways You Can Help Build Your Child’s Self-Esteem
Heck Yeah, I Spoil My Kid
8 Ways to Save Money on Christmas Dinner