Snacks & Treats
Easy Snack Idea: Canada Day Moose
By Jill Dubien, Meet the Dubiens
Jun 23, 2014
July 1st is Canada Day and your kids will absolutely adore this moose and maple leaf Canada Day snack.
It’s simple to make, only uses a few ingredients, and it’s a healthy snack for kids. Did I mention that it’s absolutely adorable too?
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 red apple
- 1 mini marshmallow
- 4 black currants
- Kitchen knife
- Mini maple leaf cookie cutter
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Using your kitchen knife, slice a body out of one of the slices of toast. Grab the other piece of toast and cut out a head for the moose. Save the crust scraps for later. Spread peanut butter on the moose head and body and place these on a plate.
2. We’re going to make antlers out of the scrap crust pieces. Cut two longer pieces and place one on each side of the moose’s head. Slice six small thin slices and place three on each antler, pointing upwards.
3. Slice your mini marshmallow in half and place on the moose for eyes. Place two black currants on top of the marshmallows. Take your last two black currants and place on the moose’s head for the nostrils.
4. Finally, use your mini maple leaf cutters and cut three maple leafs out of your red apple. Place these on the plate.
Happy Canada Day!
Add New Comment
Tech & Media
Why I Set Up An Email For My Daughter As Soon As She Was Born
The Quote That Changed My Perspective on Parenting
4 Things To Make With A Bag Of Frozen Peas
I Don’t Want To Sign A Contract So My Kid Can Go To Your Party
I’m Raising Little Feminists Who Love to Wear Makeup