Easy Back-To-School Sandwiches
By Jill Dubien, Meet The Dubiens
Sep 4, 2015
Back-to-school is here and with back-to-school comes school lunches.
Some people would like to make their kids' school lunches a little bit more fun, but don’t quite know where to start.
The easiest thing you can do to up the cuteness of a regular school lunch is to cut sandwiches into cute shapes!
And what’s even better—you probably don’t even have to buy a thing! Dust off some cookie cutters, pull them out and get to work! It couldn’t be easier and your kids will love it!
You Will Need:
- a prepared sandwich of your choice (in these examples, I used ham, cheese and lettuce)
- a variety of cookie cutters. I like to use cookie cutters that are large and close to the size of the sandwich, so there is minimal waste.
1. Grab a prepared sandwich of your choice and place it on a cutting board. Select a cookie cutter. Position the cookie cutter on the sandwich without pushing down. Make sure it’s in a good position, inside the crust.
2. Push down firmly so the cookie cutter goes all the way through the sandwich. Once the cookie cutter is all the way through, rub it back and forth on the cutting board to make sure all the sides are cut.
You'll Also Love: DIY Lunchables (The Healthier Way)
3. Pull away the crust and then remove the sandwich carefully from the cutter.
Couldn’t be easier! Cutting sandwiches into fun shapes using cookie cutters is the easiest way to up the fun factor of a school lunch. Plus, it only takes seconds! Give it a try this school year!