Dairy-Free Pecan Pie Overnight Oats
Oct 3, 2017
Prepare the night before so you don't have to think twice about breakfast the next day.
Servings: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 4 tsp chopped pecans
- 6 additional whole pecan pieces, for garnish
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (for "pie" sauce layer)
- 1 cup oats (we used steel cut, you can use gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats as well)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (for "oatmeal" layer)
- microwave-safe bowl
- 2 mason jars
- mixing bowl
- Set stovetop element to medium heat, toast the whole and chopped pecans in a dry pan, stirring frequently until you begin to smell a toasty aroma. Takes approximately 3 minutes or less. Set aside.
- Combine coconut sugar, maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of almond milk in microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the mixture for about 40-50 seconds, or until the coconut sugar is melted; it should still be a thick liquid. Do not overcook or it will turn to a hard caramel.
- Combine sauce mixture with chopped pecans (leaving the whole ones aside for garnish), and divide between two mason jars.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your oatmeal and cinnamon, adding the cup of almond milk and stirring to combine.
- Pour the oatmeal mixture into the two mason jars, then garnish with the whole pecans and any additional sauce to drizzle.
- Lid your jars, and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy the next day!