Snacks & Treats
Crispy Rice Treat Hearts With Candy Arrows
By CBC Kids Staff
Feb 5, 2019
Cupid's arrow has flung through space and made its way to this delicious treat.
We've taken a popular kid-friendly snack — the crispy rice treat — and given it the Valentine's Day treatment, complete with a layer of icing, sprinkles and a candy arrow. Your kids — and their friends — will love them!
What You'll Need:
- Crispy rice treat (we used this recipe, but store-bought is just as good)
- White candy melts
- Red candy melts
- Gummy hearts (we used red and white)
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Warm water
- Resealable bag
How It's Made:
- Use your heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out a piece of your crispy rice treat .
- Set two gummy hearts (one red and one white) aside.
- Cut a triangle out of the top of one of your gummy hearts (the rounded side), insert toothpick at the base of heart (the pointy end).
- Next, insert a toothpick into a full gummy, but this time at the top where the two rounded parts meet.
- Fill two bowls with warm water, and fill one resealable bag with white candy melts and another resealable bag with red candy melts.
- Place each bag into its own bowl of warm water for roughly two minutes, until fully melted.
- Insert both toothpicks — one at either end of the crispy rice treat heart — to create your candy arrow.
- Using a pair of scissors, snip off a corner of the bags so you can pipe the melted candy easily.
- Decorate your crispy rice hearts as desired.
Add New Comment
Tech & Media
1 Hour of Peppa Pig Per Day Gave My Daughter a British Accent
8 Foods You’ll Want To Rethink Sending In Your Kids’ Lunches
I Regret Piercing My Daughter’s Ears
I Don’t See the Value in Paying for Kids to Spend Six Days a Week Practicing Hockey
Stop Asking Your Kids Dumb Things