Colourful and Tasty Three Bean Salad
JULIE VAN ROSENDAAL, DINNER WITH JULIE
Dec 11, 2017
This salad can be eaten right away, but gets better after spending the day or night in the fridge.
You'll Also Love: Gluten-Free Black Bean Brownies
- 2-3 cups green and yellow beans, trimmed (just the stem ends)
- 1 19 oz (540 mL) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 19 oz (540 mL) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red, yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- half a small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- salt and pepper
Combine all the beans and veg in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, oil, honey, celery seed and salt and pepper to taste. Set it over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for a few minutes, until the sugar dissolves completely. Set the vinaigrette aside to cool for a few minutes before pouring it over the salad. Toss gently to coat all the beans with dressing.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight to allow the beans to marinate.