Snacks & Treats
Cinnamon Sticky Biscuits
By Julie Van Rosendaal, Dinner With Julie
Apr 22, 2016
These are a bit more manageable than full-on cinnamon buns. There’s no kneading or waiting for the dough to rise, but the results are no less delicious!
You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
You'll Also Love: Peanut Butter And Banana Brownies
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Combine butter, brown sugar and maple syrup or honey in a small saucepan or microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted and smooth. Pour over the bottom of an 8x8-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Add the milk and canola oil and stir by hand just until you have a soft dough.
4. On a lightly floured surface, pat or roll the dough into a 9x14-inch rectangle. Sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts (if using) and drizzle with maple syrup. Starting from a long side, roll tightly jelly-roll style into a log. Cut into 9 biscuits using dental floss or a serrated knife, and place cut side down in the pan.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden and bubbly. Invert onto a platter while still warm.
Add New Comment
I’m a Divorced Mom and I Think I’ve Found The Best Way To Find A New Man
Why I Don’t Feel Guilty for Taking Me Time (And You Shouldn’t Either)
Why I Started Telling My Kids Their Adoption Story Before They Could Even Speak
5 Days Of School Lunches
We’re A One-Income Family And We’ve Finally Figured It Out — Here’s How