Cinnamon Banana Waffles
By Julie Van Rosendaal, Dinner With Julie
Feb 24, 2016
If you have a few bananas that need to be used up, add them to waffles!
You Will Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup all-purpose, 1 cup oat flour)
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
You'll Also Love: White Bean Waffles
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, banana, eggs, oil or butter and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk just until blended. Stir in the pecans, if you're using them.
2. Preheat your waffle iron and spray it with nonstick spray or brush it with oil. Ladle in some batter—about 1/2 cup, or however much you usually cook at a time, close the lid and cook according to the manufacturer's directions, or until golden and crisp.
Serve immediately, or keep warm on a rack set on a baking sheet in a 250˚F oven while you cook the rest.
Add New Comment
How To Talk To Kids About The National Day For Truth And Reconciliation
What I Wish My Parents Had Said When I Came Out As Gay
I’d Rather Honestly Answer My Kid’s Questions About Sex While He’s Still Listening
Tech & Media
Social Media Is Designed To Lure You In, But Will It Protect Your Kids When They’re There?
My Daughter is Leaving French Immersion After 9 Years — Was It Worth It?